This training will create conversation for positive change and outcomes regarding Aboriginal engagement, participation and insight into Aboriginal culture. Participants will be provided with a better understanding of engagement strategies and pathways. We will cover the history of modern Australia, offer a range of communication techniques and highlight ways to increase engagement with community and clients. You will be empowered with skills and knowledge to better recognise and understand areas in Aboriginal culture that may have an effect on participation rates and outcomes for Aboriginal specific programs.
The training offers the opportunity for participants to:
- Increase participants own cultural understandings
- Discuss strategies for the implementation of their new learnings How these learnings may be embedded into service delivery
- Improved relationships between Aboriginal staff/volunteers and community
- Awareness and a greater understanding of organisational cultural competency
“Every school and organisation should participate in this training” -Ann
This was a great day the facilitators help break down barriers and allow us to confront difficult topics”– Heather
“Simply outstanding”- Jack
When & Where
- From:Wed-Jun-2019 09:00 AM
- To:Wed-Jun-2019 05:00 PM
KWY Training room
4/147 Goodwood Rd, 5034, Goodwood, South Australia.
Registration End Date