One day 9:00am – 5:00pm
Cultural Understandings and Better Engagement (C.U.B.E) is about providing your organisation with the skills and knowledge to improve engagement with those using your organisation. We aim to provide you with a drive for positive change regarding Aboriginal engagement and participation and an insight into Aboriginal culture. We also aim to provide you with skills and knowledge to better recognise and understand areas in Aboriginal culture that may have an effect on participation rates and outcomes for Aboriginal specific programs within your organisation. You will also gain an improved understanding of the nature and scope of lateral violence in the Aboriginal Community.
The training offers the opportunity for participants to:
- Increase participants own cultural understandings.
- Discuss strategies for the implementation of their new training.
- How this training may be embedded into service delivery.
- Improved relationships between Aboriginal staff/volunteers and community.
- Awareness and a greater understanding of organisational cultural competency.
“This training was delivered in a fun but direct and inclusive way”- Jane
“What a great day the facilitators help break down barriers and allow us to confront difficult topics”-John
“training was extremely informative and the trainer was very engaging” -Danielle
NOTE VENUE: KWY’s training will take place at KWY’s office location at 4/147 Goodwood Road, Goodwood.