Recipient of the White Ribbon SA committee Ambassador of the year 2015
Trevor Twilley has been the driving force behind White Ribbon in Mt Gambier for (at least) the last six years.
He is the “spiritual leader” of the Ambassadors in the Mount and has coordinated and led the group to the stage where the region is seen as a leader in the White Ribbon cause.
As a result the Mount Gambier area now annually conducts a number of events in support of the White Ribbon cause, including:
- Loudest Shout in the Cave Gardens
- White Ribbon Cocktail Evening in the City Hall
- White Ribbon Walk around the Blue Lake
- First Schools Program “breaking the Silence” in SA
- School Assemblies and Loudest Shouts
The Mount Gambier Ambassadors also host a Facebook page to provide a conduit for communication and the raise awareness of the cause.