Recognising and Responding to Domestic Violence
Wednesday, 24th October
This training provides participants with the knowledge and skills to recognise and understand the indicators of serious risk of domestic and family violence. The training provides specific information on working with Aboriginal families experiencing domestic and family violence.
The training discusses practical strategies for responding to domestic and family violence within the context of your agency. The program also provides you with strategies and how to embed these strategies into your everyday practice. The program will focus on the importance of how to respond in ways that support the client’s needs, particularly their need for safety.
- How we define domestic and Aboriginal family violence
- What can workplaces do to support employees experiencing domestic and family violence?
- How can I tell if someone is in an abusive relationship?
- The causes of Aboriginal family violence
- Guiding principles working with Aboriginal clients
- Culturally sensitive safety planning
- Case planning
- Aboriginal whole-of-life view of health.
Cultural understandings, better engagement (C.U.B.E)
Wednesday, 14th November
One day 9:00am – 5:00pm
C.U.B.E training will provide participants with:
- A drive for positive change and outcomes regarding Aboriginal engagement, participation an insight into Aboriginal culture.
- The nature and scope of lateral violence in Aboriginal society.
- Empower participants with skills and knowledge to better recognise and understand areas in Aboriginal culture that may have an effect on participation rates and outcomes for Aboriginal-specific programs.
The training offers the opportunity for participants to:
- Increase participants own cultural understandings
- Discuss strategies for the implementation of their new learnings
- How these learnings may be embedded into service delivery.
- Improved relationships between Aboriginal staff/volunteers and community
- Awareness and a greater understanding of organisational cultural competency
“This training was delivered in a fun but direct and inclusive way”- Jane.
“What a great day the facilitators help break down barriers and allow us to confront difficult topics”-John.
“training was extremely informative and the trainer was very engaging” -Daniel.
To inquire about training availability or options please phone 8377 7822 or email Admin@kwy.org.au